|Redford Observer, July 21, 1975|
But let's not get mired in human history and delve right into his superstitions towards the cat. Most of these I have never heard of because I'm only a descendant of insane English and Polish people and not a practicing kook.
1. The first person a cat looks at after it sneezes is soon to be kissed.
2. When a cat washes by licking its paw and rubbing behind its ear it means company is coming.
3. Sailors used to take cats aboard ship because they believed a cat placed on deck under a large pot could raise a wind. But to throw a cat overboard was a dangerous thing, for this could cause an unholy storm.
4. Actors believed the presence of a cat insures success for their show.
5. Kicking a cat causes the worst possible bad luck.
Gundella, at the time of this article, had a cat named Sally which noted to be fat, friendly, funny and sometimes foolish. Sounds a bit like all of us at times.